What is PTA?
PTA is a grassroots organization made up of parents, teachers and others who have an interest in children, families and schools. By joining PTA, a member becomes part of the largest child advocacy organization in the state with more than 600,000 members across Texas.
Corbell PTA members are men and women from diverse backgrounds who have come together for one purpose: our children. Corbell PTA exists to provide our families with enriching, educational and fun opportunities that they might not have otherwise. Every membership dollar makes a difference. Every active volunteer brings us that much closer to achieving our goals. Shine bright with Corbell and Join PTA Today!
Making every child's potential a reality.
To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
To raise the standards of home life.
To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
2016 - 2017 Corbell PTA Goals
1. Continue consistent and effective communication and flow of information among PTA, staff and parents.
2. Promote healthy lifestyles through monthly programs and activities that educate parents and students on healthy choices and nutritional awareness.
3. Continue to encourage and increase parent involvement by providing and communicating numerous opportunities for parents to volunteer year round.
4. Promote inclusiveness through family programs during the school year.
5. Advocate and increase awareness of Corbell PTA by communicating accomplishments throughout the year.
6. Explore more efficient and effective payment and donation options for Wild Walk, Membership and School Supplies.
7. Review and evaluate PTA programs to address the needs of our student population, parents and faculty.